There are indications that the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, may resign his position as the South-South coordinator of the presidential campaign council of the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.
According to THE NATION, his resignation letter to the campaign council as Atiku’s campaign coordinator in his geo-political zone is ready and may be submitted today.
TALKNOW gathered that Wike’s resignation resulted from the way things were done in the council, as proper consultations were not done before vital decisions and appointments were made, adding that he was not carried along.
Recall that, in October, Wike was appointed the South-South zonal coordinator of the campaign group; while Senate President, Bukola Saraki, was appointed Director-General of the Campaign Council.
Other zonal coordinators approved and appointed by the stakeholders and leaders of the party were:
1. Governor Aminu Tambuwal – the Zonal Coordinator for NorthWest;
2. Governor Ibrahim Dankwambo – the Zonal Coordinator for North-East;
3. Governor Samuel Ortom – the Zonal Coordinator for North-Central;
4. Governor Dave Umahi – the Zonal Coordinator for South-East;
5. Governor Nyesom Wike – the Zonal Coordinator for South-South; and
6. Former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose – the Zonal Coordinator for the South-West.